Dear Mancos Families,
In the Recovery Stage of the Pandemic, the Mancos School District will operate in the 2022-23 school year with in-person learning. The previous years required an occasional emergency response to the pandemic that resulted in periodic disruptions to in-person learning.
Going into the 2022-2023 school year, we have several factors to consider:
- The information and experience we gained the last two years
- Widespread vaccination availability
- Local public health and medical providers consultations and support
- Prioritizing academic learning and mental health of our students
With these considerations in mind, in-person learning is not only possible, but essential to the overall well-being of our students, staff, and community.
Therefore, online school is discontinuing, as well as:
- Weekly COVID testing
- Mask requirement on buses
- Free breakfast and lunch for all students (free or reduced breakfast lunch by application only)
We will be taking precautions to make sure we keep our students and staff safe, including:
- Custodial staff will continue to support sanitation by keeping surfaces disinfected
- Free take home COVID test kits from the nurse (as supplies last)
- Clinical counseling for students
- The district will utilize air purification ventilation in classrooms
At home, you can help by continuing best health practices. These are essential for a strong year of learning! Rest, nutrition, and vaccinations will make sure our community stays healthy.
If you become ill, the CDC is now recommending 5-day isolation if a student or staff is COVID positive. We are choosing to make quarantine optional for students or staff exposed to COVID – the district may limit this option depending on use and impact on learning.
Otherwise, we are back to regular school procedures!
We can’t wait for another great school year with you and your family,