PBIS - POSITIVE BEHAVIORAL INTERVENTION AND SUPPORTS
P.B.I.S. Mission Statement
Mancos School District RE-6
By creating and maintaining a safe and effective learning environment using Positive Behavioral Intervention and Supports (P.B.I.S.), we believe ideal
academic and behavioral success can be reached.
What is Positive Behavior Intervention and Supports? *
PBIS is a systems approach to enhancing the capacity of schools to educate all children by developing research-based, school-wide, and classroom behavior support systems.
PBIS provides systems for schools to design, implement, and evaluate effective school-wide, classroom, non-classroom, and student specific plans.
PBIS includes school-wide procedures and processes intended for all students and all staff in allsettings.
PBIS includes a community and family partnership.
*For more information refer to www.pbis.org
PBIS in the Mancos School District
The 3 R’s
- PBIS includes a set of school-wide expectations for classroom and non-classroom settings.
- PBIS embraces the acknowledgement of students and staff demonstrating the 3 R’s.
*For more information refer to School Expectation Matrices
PBIS at a Glance
Five Praises to One Correction*
- Staff constantly teach and refer to our school-wide expectations.
- More praise than correction is expressed toward students.
Students are talked to with respect using a positive voicetone.
- Everyone in the class is actively engaged during instruction.
- Staff uses pre-correcting, prompting, and redirecting while teaching.
- Staff look for the positive first and provide encouraging,
immediate, frequent, and explicit feedback.
*For more information refer to:
“Caught Being Goods”
“Blue Jay Bucks”
“Blue Jay Benjamins”
Students demonstrating the 3 R’s earn coupons toward incentives and rewards that have been either donated by community businesses or purchased by the Mancos School District.
*For additional acknowledgement ideas refer to: